The XR Battery Isolator from CARTEK is a very small and highly reliable alternative to the traditional mechanical master-switch and has been designed to overcome all of the problems and restrictions associated with mechanical and electro/mechanical safety cut-outs.
When fitted to a race car our Solid State Battery Isolator simultaneously isolates the battery and kills the engine immediately when triggered in accordance with FIA safety regulations.
This system has been designed to simplify installation thereby saving time and reducing build costs. The version XR ist 30% smaller and 40% lighter, then the version GT.
- dimension: 60x45mm
- weight: 70g
- operation voltage: 7-18v
- current consumption: 0,025A (Max ON & OFF)
- current draw: 550-650A (cont) / 2000A (peak)
- switch current: 30A (max)
- operating temperatur: -10°C – +85°C
- terminal: M8
- 1 x CARTEK XR isolator
- 1 x switch (intern)
- 1 x switch (extern)
- 1 x sticker-set
- Fully electronic with no moving parts
- Compatible with most motorsport ECUs
- 0.5 second delay between engine kill signal and battery disconnection
- Totally sealed against water and dirt
- Completely resistant to shock and vibration
- Fully integrated with built in alternator run-down circuitry – No extra components required
- Driver operation by a single internal ON-OFF button/switch
- External operation by single or multiple ‘strike’ button(s)
- Buttons / switches connected to Isolator using light weight wiring
- Mounts close to battery for reduced cabling
- Very small & lightweight
- Designed and manufactured in UK using high quality components
The battery isolators work by being fitted in between the negative side of the battery and the chassis (as seen below).
When the external kill button has been activated or the internal button been switched to the off state, then the Battery Isolator will disconnect the negative side of the battery from the Chassis.
This means that no power can get to any of the electrical circuits as there is a break in the circuit.
The CARTEK Battery Isolator RS provides two functions:
1.) disconnect the Battery from all Electrical Circuits
2.) kill the engine
The two electronic isolation circuits are controlled by microprocessors and incorporate various safety systems including over-temperature and over-current monitoring. These microprocessors also monitor the kill switches/buttons for instant activation without false triggering.
The Isolator XR kills the engine by taking in a fixed 12v input and sending a 12v output that would power your Ignition or ECU. When the negative side of the battery has been disconnected it will also cut the 12v output powering your Ignition or ECU.
The Cartek Battery Isolator XR comes with built in alternator run down protection meaning no extra wiring and no extra components.